Our squads provide a great progression step from the GOSWIM program and acts as an introduction platform for competitive swimming.
Bronze Squad / Development Squad
This is a skills based squad for young swimmers focused on learning basic swimming and skills development. Learning how to train in a group environment and learning basic swimming drills
Swimmers at this level are building upon their foundation skills, focusing on developing their knowledge and technique in all four strokes. Swimmers learn drills, teamwork, training skills, race skills and etiquette. Silver squad is focused on developing technique and a passion for the sport. These swimmers are actively encouraged to join Redcliffe Leagues Swimming Club and to attend Introductory swimming meets. Progression to the next squad level is at the discretion of the Head Coach.
Swimmers at this level are continuing to develop their knowledge and stroke technique in all four strokes, while undertaking more rigorous training for competition and advancement. Swimmers develop on existing drills, training skills, race craft and etiquette. Gold squad is focused on improving technique, developing race craft and fostering a passion for the sport. These swimmers are eligible to swim at Qld State Championships and working towards qualifiying for National Age Championships.
Members of these squads are also encouraged to join Redcliffe Leagues Swimming Club and participate in club nights during the summer season. As members of Redcliffe Leagues Swimming Club these swimmers are also encouraged to swim Brisbane Swimming & Queensland Swimming meets throughout the season as well as at smaller local meets.
Wanda Drew - Head Coach
- Australian representitive swimmer
- Australian Champion 200 Butterfly
- Silver license Coach Main Stream and Disability.
- Australian Rookie Coach of the year
- Aust Coach Paralympic team,
- Australian Head Coach 5 & 10 Open water World Champs,
- Aust Coach World Short Course, Coached swimmers with disabilities to 4 world records & 3 paralympic games records
- 35yrs coaching experience
- 2022 Australian Age Championship Medalist